Saturday 28 September 2013

Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Perfume Review

A month or so ago I saw that you could request a sample of the new Jo Malone fragrance, Peony and Blush Suede. Not really thinking I would get one as they were limited stock, imagine my surprise when one popped through my letterbox last week!

I received a little sample which was beautifully packaged - most companies don't bother to package like this with samples as it's too expensive! I now don't want to throw any of it away as it just looks so pretty!


In all honesty, I don't have enough perfume/don't have enough knowledge of perfume to tell you whether I agree with the description. I only just really know the meaning of top notes and under tones and all that jazz. So hopefully this review is from a bit more of a 'normal person' view!

This fragrance is girly. It is sweet. It is soft. I love it... my boyfriend hates it. Ah yes, that age old debate of girls loving things that boys don't really understand! In all seriousness though, this is the girliest perfume I have ever smelt. It is lovely and light and sensual and all of the other words you can think of to describe femininity. I couldn't stop smelling it after I had sprayed it on my wrist! 

I think this will be reserved to days out with my girl friends or just days when my boyfriend isn't around as he really doesn't like it! He says it reminds him of old ladies - and that's not really the way I want my boyfriend to think of me. :(

Have you tried this? I'm not sure I can bring myself to buy this when the sample runs out but I do really love it. Jo Malone always pulls off such classic, simple scents that leave you wanting more.




3 comments :

  1. Looks lovely!! Wouldn't it be great if you could include scent samples in blog posts wouldn't it ha! Maybe in the future!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice! I don't see perfume reviews very often, so this was a good read!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete