Friday 20 September 2013

MAC Rebel - best winter lipstick ever?

After I said a teary farewell to Girl About Town the other day, I thought it was about time to invest in a winter lipstick that would be worn and loved for the next few months. Enter MAC Rebel. It's a lipstick that has been raved about repeatedly, blogged about, etc - but I just never picked up as it looked too scary in the tube. On Saturday though, I bit the bullet!


I really don't know why I didn't buy this sooner. It is a beautiful deep berry shade that literally seems to compliment everyone who wears it - one of my friends is very pale and it looks so stunning with the contrast!


As usual with MAC it is lightly scented (which I love) and this applies very smooth and creamy. I love this colour as you can wear it casually or formally - it looks great when you're all cosied up with a big scarf and coat but equally when you're dressed up for a night out. It's just dark enough to be considered a bit vampy and sexy but not too dark that it just looks like it's Halloween!

Have you bought any winter makeup yet or do you find the idea of changing your look for the season a bit bemusing? 



4 comments :

  1. This is amazing! I'm going autumn/winter shopping on my day off next week and this is the exact colour lipstick I had imagined that I wanted. I hope it suits me as much as it suits you!

    Lisa
    http://uniqueornbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade! It's such a pretty autumnal colour, I'm debating with myself about picking up either this or plumful x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect winter shade! I have a Rimmel London and Barry M lipstick very similar to this shade.

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your right, in the tube it looks far to bad "vampy" for light skin but it looks super amazing on. I just feel in love...

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete