Monday 5 August 2013

Manchester haul!

So I've been away for a few days enjoying city life in Manchester! I'm planning to move there in a month or two as it's one of my favourite places to be, so me and my boyfriend have been trying to go up for a day or two every so often to get a good feel or the place and know it a bit more. I wasn't actually planning on spending much money this time, but the Arndale centre got the better of me!



I stopped by Urban Outfitters first of all and quickly spotted my favourite thing of the haul overall: an amazing sugar skull/heart metal tea light holder! I am so in love with this. It was £10 and worth every penny - it's girly yet quirky, and I think it would look so cute amongst my other girly wicker hearts and stuff - something a little dark against the sweet. I have actually run out of tea lights at the minute or I would have tried to photograph it all lit up! I also picked up an adorable gold infinity symbol ring for £6, and a really cute new iPhone case. I normally stick to my Ted Baker ones but rubbery matte finish on them means they get grubby looking so quickly! So I got this hard shell skull patterned one for £12. I love it because from afar it just looks like a china plate pattern, and then when you look at it properly you realise its a skull made up from flowers and swirls. So amazing!


I also swung by Topshop (where my staff card is regularly abused) as my boyfriend needed some new jeans. So obviously when he was browsing Topman I had to have a look! The only piece of clothing I actually bought was from Topshop - it's this amazing map print slightly cropped shirt. It's a super soft silky feeling material and the print is just so stunning and unusual! I'm not so keen on the white collar but thinking about it I'm not sure what colour would have looked right! I'm still a little bit unsure on how and when I'll wear this but I knew I had to buy it in case I never saw it again!



I wasn't sure whether to bother showing these as sadly, they're faulty so I have to return them! They are lovely black leather look t-bar sandals with a faux gold playing around the ankle strap. I mainly loved them because they don't aggravate my still quite fresh tattoo - and obviously show it off! They are comfortable and I really like them a lot but unfortunately after wearing for just one day the bottoms are ruined and some of them material at the back has come apart and you can see the inside. I did get them in the 20% off full price shoes and bags at Dorothy Perkins so if you do find a pair that aren't broken I recommend them!


And amazingly I only have two beauty buys! I picked up one of the single blushes from Sleek (as I've said before there isn't one nearby). I picked up the shade 'Suede'. It's a very inoffensive coral shade which I thought would be nice to just pop in my bag or keep in my travel bag as an every day shade.  I do have quite a bit of blusher and quite like to use different ones here and there so I know that this was a buy that will be worth it. I also bought a matte finish nail polish from Topshop in the shade Easy Peasy. I had seen these online but not in store and wanted to try them really badly! It was £6 and I know I'll use the colour even if it's not a matte finish as it looks like a lovely stormy grey.


Considering what I can normally spend, I haven't been that naughty! I just can't resist the temptation of a huge shopping centre and all it has to offer. Have you been on any 'oops-I-shouldn't-have-bought-that' shopping sprees recently?





Note: I just wanted to say a quick thankyou to every one who is following me on BlogLovin' so far - it's so lovely to know that people are actually enjoying what I'm writing! I am so grateful and when I get to 50 followers I'm going to be doing a little giveaway to say thankyou!


6 comments :

  1. You have bought lots of lovely things! The blush looks really nice! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is lovely, great pigmentation as per from Sleek!

      x

      Delete
  2. That sugar skull tea light holder is adorable! And I really love that Topshop shirt! So pretty and interesting! All the things that you bought are so lovely!

    xo Emily | Honey Loaf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still debating whether to keep the shirt, :( just not sure about it! Might do an outfit of the day soon and see what you all think haha! x

      Delete
  3. I love your haul! I'm definitely going to try and find that gorgeous sugar skull. I've just followed your blog on bloglovin :)

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm so in love with it! Thanks so much :) x

      Delete