Monday 12 May 2014

Daisy By Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh Review


This is one those purchases, where every time I use it I feel super smug about the absolute amazing price I paid for it. I bought it from the amazing Boots sale at Christmas - it was actually early January when most of the great things have gone but there's still one or two knocking around on a shelf. I found the Daisy by Marc Jacobs gift set (75ml bottle, body wash and gift box) which full price was around £55 - with the set actually being worth £75. I bought it for a bargain £27! I mainly bought this with the idea of now without sounding silly: Daisy is a lovely fresh summery scent that definitely isn't suited to Christmas weather! So I knew that I'd want something light and delicate for summer - without paying the huge price tag.

The bottle is beautiful - Marc Jacobs bottles always are! The top is actually a bit smaller than some of his other perfumes - my old favourite, Oh! Lola - is the one with the absolutely giant flower on top. I remember opening the box to that one and feeling very disappointed at the size of the bottle compared to box as the lid just took up so much room!! So this one is much nicer and overall feels lighter and prettier. 

The scent itself is hard to describe. It has top notes of grapefruit, green notes, raspberry and pear; middle notes of jasmine, rose, violet, litchi and apple blossom; base notes of musk, virginia cedar and plum - which is a hell of a lot to fit into one fragrance! It definitely has more of a fruity than floral vibe, but once the top notes are out of the way you do start to pick up on the 'deeper' scent. I personally love it and every time I spray it, it genuinely makes me feel so summery!

Have you picked up a new scent for summer yet?



No comments :

Post a Comment