Friday 19 July 2013

Mini summer haul!

Hello everyone! Hope that the weather isn't all baking you to death like it is me at work - no air conditioning = torture! Every time I've had my lunch break I've dashed out to try and enjoy the sunshine (and the air con of other stores!) and might have ended up picking up these treats. 




So! I thought I'd show you them all. If anything catches your eye that you'd like a full review on please comment!


 EcoTools Beautiful Expressions Kabuki Set

Lately I've had a hankering for a kabuki brush but every one I've spotted seems to be ridiculously expensive or doesn't interest me that much - until I spotted this in TK Maxx. For £6.99 I got four kabuki brushes for conealing, bronzing, contouring and buffing. I wanted it for the buffing one the most but the contouring one is so fluffy and lovely that I think I might like it better! The concealing one looks  a little bit too big but I'm sure I'll find a use for it somewhere. Either way it was a bargain and I know I'll get my moneys worth!



Sally Hansen Salon Effects

I haven't used these yet but once again, they were in TK Maxx reduced to £2 (they're around £7 in Boots full price) and thought I had nothing to lose! I've already tried some nail wraps before and in all honesty I wasn't very good at them - but these claim to be super easy and long lasting so of course I was swayed. I am every advertisers dream!



Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in 110

I've loved the Kate Moss lipsticks ever since they came out - they're cheap, long lasting, great colours - what more do you want? I spotted this corally pink colour and was immediately drawn to it. It's actually quite a shiny finish which I'm not too sure I like yet but I think if I play around with blotting I'll be happy. Either way it's a gorgeous summery colour!



Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Kiss Me Coral

So erm, as I've mentioned before, I like matte everything. So why have I bought a lip gloss? Tanya Burr, that's why! (If you don't know who she is google her and you'll have a new favourite blogger). She's mentioned it so many times in videos and looks so good in it I just couldn't resist. I have actually worn it a few times, sometimes over the above Kate Moss lipstick which I do like. I can't say I'll be wearing it every day but it's so pretty and I can get some good use out of it.


Left Kate Moss 110, Middle Revlon Kiss Me Quick, Right layered together.



River Island Cross Earrings

I have stretched ears so it's very rare that I buy earrings (for obvious reasons there). I do have my seconds pierced but my stretched lobes make it difficult to put earrings in next to them - til I saw these! You can't tell by the photo but these are really tiny, and for £1.50 I'm not really bothered if I don't wear them often or if I lose them etc. River Island have really stepped it up with their jewellery range!



Tattoo Aftercare Balm

This isn't a great beauty buy but it is necessary for me at the minute! I got this from the tattoo studio I had my tattoo done at the other day and although you can use things like Bepanthen for tattoo healing, I thought I'd go with this as it's what my boyfriend have always used and it makes for super easy healing.



Topshop Round Sunglasses

And my last purchase! I left my aviator sunglasses in Derby the other day - typical, in the middle of the sunniest weather we've had in years - and I needed a replacement pair, quick! However the ones I had originally have sold out everywhere, I didn't want to have to hunt for them, blah blah blah. So when I popped into Topshop and saw these babies, I knew I had to buy them! They're so out of my comfort zone and nothing I would usually buy, but that's kind of why I went for them. Plus they look really cute when your hair is in a messy high bun or messy waves (my two go to hairstyles!).



So there we go! I'm on a spending ban until payday next week now so hopefully these goodies should hold me off until then. Let me know what you think of them - have you tried anything new now summer has reared it's head?

Have a great weekend!
















4 comments :

  1. I may own every 7 colours of the revlon super lustrous lipgloss! But my favourite has to be I love kiss me coral!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I do love this one, I am surprisingly getting more wear than I thought out of it. Maybe I've broken my fear of lip gloss haha?! xx

      Delete
  2. Love all of these haha xo

    http://caitlinaaa.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete